GUESS WHAT I SPOTTED AT WALMART!!!!
Anyone who spends any considerable amount of time with me soon finds out that my favorite part of the year is the stretch of time between September and New Years Day. I can’t get enough of it. I’m always in the mood for it. I watch Halloween (and Christmas) movies year round. I love cheese 90’s Halloween flicks, and I’ve been known to YouTube the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. And I googled Johnny Appleseed just two days ago.
This is why I got married in November.
When this time of year rolls around, I’m a kid again. I display my 3rd grade Halloween artwork on my fridge and I eagerly await Halloween candy at the stores. I’ve already begun thinking about my costume.
I decorate my house with artificial autumn leaves. We didn’t decorate the house for Halloween growing up. Just “fall.” Which was fine. But I have been collecting classier (is that possible?) Halloween decorations. I’m still debating my bright orange twinkle lights.
I came home with a bag of clementines and the BEST THINGS EVER…..
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME HOME WITH A PUMPKIN! Sure, these are from California and I could (theoretically) have waited a few weeks to get my pumpkins in the town next door, but WHY WAIT?!?
Nothing can contain my excitement. I’m GLOWING!
Now I’m churning up pumpkin recipes. So many recipes! Not enough pumpkin!
Here are some recipes I plan on implementing in the next few weeks:
- Pumpkin cookies. These are the cookies my college roommate and I would make while living in the dorms. We almost burned down our dorm kitchen once…
- Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup. This is a very simple Weight Watchers recipe. I can’t get enough of it!
- Savory Pumpkin Tamales. Okay, I might not actually attempt this (we’ll see how bold I get!), but the idea came to me today as I was craving pumpkin and tamales at the same time.
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Overnight Oats. In fact, this is more or less my breakfast tomorrow morning.
- Something with pumpkin and black beans.
More to come soon! We’re still busy with the house, but I’ll make sure to post pictures when we’re done!