Folks, I’ve found something better than Market Street.
(Did I just say that?)
Yes, it’s true. It’s Sun Harvest Farmers Market in Lubbock, and it opened just this past Wednesday. I imagine that it’s something like Trader Joe’s. Specialty & local food, insanely cheap prices. I was in heaven!
( Please excuse my “people of Walmart” hair. I didn’t know Aubrey was taking pictures of me.)
And I have to say, opening week is the BEST time to go because it means I scored HUGE on a TON of quality produce!
- Texas oranges
- Bananas (5 lbs for $1!!! would have bought more if they weren’t all already perfectly ripe!)
- Frozen organic mixed bell peppers (Only $2.50!)
- Asparagus ($1/lb!! That’s cheaper than IN SEASON!)
- Organic broccoli ($1/lb!!)
- Rosie’s Organic Free Range Whole Chicken (The best deal! 5 lbs for $5!!!)
- Rosie’s Organic Free Range Chicken Thighs (1 lb for $1!!!)
- Muir Glen Organic Canned Tomatoes (Buy One Get One Free, making them $1 each!!)
- Organic bell peppers (normally I won’t buy organic bell peppers because they’re typically $2 per pepper. Too rich for my blood! But this combo mix was $5. Pricier than the $3.65 I normally pay, but for organic, it’s kinda worth it!)
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Sweet onions
- Bulk dried cranberries
- Bulk arborio rice (just a little)
- Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- Organic Green Beans ($3!!)
- Delicata squash (never mind I already had one, but I had this “have my cake and eat it too” thing going on with it!)
- Organic red potatoes ($5 for 3 lbs. Could have gotten organic russets at $1/lb, but I prefer reds and I honestly don’t need 5 lbs of potatoes at any one time)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Gnarly Head California Merlot
- Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (BIG BAG!)
- Bulk brussels sprouts!
- Canola oil
Before checking out Edgar gave me a concerned look and said, “this is definitely over $100” (that being our predetermined budget), but amazingly enough, I came in under budget! By a LOT! I got all of this for $81.75!!!!
That’d probably be a lot for any normal week’s worth of groceries, but this actually has to last me two weeks. I was concerned that $100 wouldn’t be enough, but I ended up with a LOT of food! If I had gotten this exact same food at Walmart, I would have definitely gone over budget!
Sun Harvest is now my go-to grocery store in Lubbock!