(Drive-by post. There will be more later. Promise!)
- My size 8s are snug. Both of them. I wore my dress pants unfastened yesterday.
- I ate my weight in Reese’s and Cherry Mashes over the weekend. Oops.
- My pancreas is currently crying out for reinforcements. Too much sugar!
- Any time I have too much sugar, I start craving roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli.
- Resolved to eating less sugar and more healthy fats and quality proteins. And not skipping so many workouts. And not going nuts after hours. At least I know where my problems lie.
- I love Halloween but three days worth of celebration is too much. I’m done. Actually, I think I was done Saturday morning.
- I took down my halloween decorations at 11:55 PM last night. With gusto.
- We got more trick-or-treaters than I expected! Yay!
- I wore three costumes over the course of the weekend. Possibly even four.
- Yesterday my kitchen looked like a battlefield. Over the weekend I made: pumpkin blondies, turkey tamales (from scratch, yes), Harvest Moon Macaroni (a Rachael Ray recipe), roasted broccoli (okay, Edgar made that one), pumpkin (and regular) pancakes, pumpkin pie spice, apple cider, Scary Spiders (a no-bake cookie recipe I got in second grade! Will share later), and Harvest Salad. I felt sorry for my husband whose household chore it is to clean the kitchen.
- McAlister’s Deli is pretty awesome
- I have crazy fruit in my house right now. Two crab apples, a blood orange, a persimmon, and a pomegranate. Thank you, Sun Harvest.
- Speaking of Sun Harvest, my most recent trip to Lubbock (on Saturday) yielded a bunch of bulk food items. I’m officially convinced that an investment in a bunch of mason jars and buying food from the bulk bins at Sun Harvest and Market Street would prove most economical.
- Remember how I said I’m not a big fan of salads, and I very very rarely order one at a restaurant? Well at Chili’s yesterday, a salad was the only thing that sounded remotely appetizing, so that’s what I ordered.
- My Zumba basic course on campus ended last week, so my Mondays and Wednesdays are free again. I plan to start attending Zumba Toning at the YMCA on those evenings instead now.
- This weekend I’m going hiking in the canyon!!!!
- Cotton harvest has begun. My sinuses hate me.
- I’m getting a Canon XS DSLR camera in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’MSOEXCITED!!!
- I still have remnants of the “stitches” I drew on my arms with liquid eyeliner the other evening. It comes so easily off my eyes, but it’s like Sharpie on my arms. Curious.
- The leaves here still haven’t changed. Well, some have. About 70% of the trees are still green. The leaves here don’t really look amazing until closer to Thanksgiving.