Edgar left last night to go help his family do some plumbing this weekend and won’t be back until tomorrow (okay, today…) morning.
Tomorrow (today, Sunday), I am bringing two dozen cupcakes to a wedding shower I’m helping host in the afternoon AND I’m hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my friends in the evening. And knowing me, very little, if anything I serve isn’t homemade.
I must be crazy.
But such a weekend without a boy to deflect my life off of has left me with such facts and ponderings:
- I woke up at 12:39 PM, which is the latest I’ve woken up on any day since probably sometime in the summer.
- I figured since I had a big day ahead of me that I better get ready for the day so I could feel like a human being. I washed my face, put on makeup, and traded my oversized candy-cane striped PJ pants and huge mission trip t-shirt for a smaller shirt and black yoga pants. It was the best I could do.
- How is it that two people who both lack in a sufficient wardrobe can generate FIVE loads of laundry at once?!
- This afternoon I spent four hours shelling pecans I picked up off the ground in my back yard. My fingertips are a little raw.
- I had to go to the grocery store TWICE today. The second one just an hour after the first trip, when I realized that I could not get away with baking a pecan pie (crust and all) without butter.
- I wonder if anyone thought it weird that I showed up at the grocery store twice wearing slightly-fuzzy slippers.
- I think I gave myself a second-degree burn on my raw fingertip by trying to pull the pecan pie out of the oven with my potholder slipping out from under my hand.
- It is 1:15 AM and I have finished prepping cranberry sauce, pecan pie, two pumpkin pies, sweet potato casserole, whipped cream, cupcakes with appropriate frosting and candied-pecan decoration, dressing, and my pistachio-almond goat cheese log. I still have green beans to prepare as well as getting the turkey brined a la Alton Brown.
- I wonder if my ice chest is a sufficient stand-in for a five gallon bucket?
- I bought my 12-pound turkey for less than $5!!
- There are two store-bought aspects to this dinner tomorrow. Crescent rolls from a tube and French’s onion rings.
- I have an enormous mound of clean laundry on my couch and no desire to fold any of it.
- It bugs me that I’m not “quality controlling” any of these dishes. Except the cream cheese frosting on the cupcakes. That’s definitely good to go! 😉
- It was rather fan to pull out my piping tips again.
- It iced yesterday morning! First frost of the season!
- Another thing that happened Friday! I got a new toy! FINALLY my day has come!
Well that’s all for tonight, folks. In my next post I’ll give an update on my grocery challenge. 🙂